Heather Jose has a vast amount of experience being a patient. Since being diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer over ten years ago, Jose has experienced the best of patient care… and the worst. While sharing her inspiring journey of chemotherapy, stem cell transplants, surgery, and radiation Heather will show healthcare providers how much their actions and words really mean in the eyes of a patient. She will help them to better understand how to empower patients to take charge of their own care, discuss the barriers between providers and patients, and demonstrate hope and determination through real examples of patient care.
Beyond Treatment will help each participant:
- Understand how interaction between patient and provider affects a patient’s outlook overall
- Using three key concepts, be reminded how to instill hope and determination through simple actions and words
- Improve the relationships between the healthcare provider and the people they are serving while increasing their job satisfaction
- Ultimately improve customer satisfaction and the bottom line
This presentation can be credentailed for CEU’s.
Through Heather’s first hand experience this one hour presentation will grip emotions and inspire action. Her candid, engaging talk will provide an edge for prescribing more than just conventional treatment and inspire participants to remember why they are in a helping profession.
Heather Jose, a long term survivor of Stage IV breast cancer, has gathered her arsenal for not only surviving cancer but thriving. Walking participants through each stage of her extensive treatment, Heather will provide information that will empower them to make a difference every day. Having used nutrition, exercise, visualization and prayer to enhance chemotherapy, a double stem cell transplant, surgery and radiation, Heather planned each part of her treatment to be as effective as possible.
Participants will learn how to:
• Create a plan of attack to optimize treatment and maintain after treatment
• Incorporate lifestyle changes to kill cancer each day
• Put together an effective team for treatment and support
• Set achievable goals to track progress
This fun, informative and interactive session will provide participants with tools that they can be use immediately to kill cancer. Heather’s inspiring journey and engaging manner will encourage participants to use each day to their advantage.
© 2006 Heather Jose Seminars